Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Notes

Two things.

First, the divine Mrs. B and I had a date last night. She snored away next to me on the couch while I watched the movie Serenity. Ahhh, parenthood. I know I'm the last person to point this out, but the movie was very good (if you dig the scifi thing). Not as good as the new Battlestar Galactica, but better than Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. (Any doubts about the levels of my nerdness should be dispelled after that sentence.) Anyway, I'm hooked, and I will probably rent the Firefly tv series in the near future.

Second, I would be remiss if I did not announce the champion of the Big Tent fantasy football league. Team Feckless, captained by Stephen's friend Ryan, defeated me in the finals two weekends ago. My team, Knights of Columbus!, had the best record in the regular season and scored the most points overall, but that no-good dirty rotten scoundrel Ryan managed to get Steve Smith tossed from his game and also arranged for several other players on my team to have their worst games of the season. Ryan is a back-stabbing heartless bastard, and I'm going to barrell-roll his nappy ass, that *&^% snot piece of %^&* #@$^. (Stephen, I trust you will send on the word.)

But seriously folks, Ryan beat me fair and square. Even my season average would not have won the game. That's why us fantasy studs don't play the games.

No comments: