Friday, August 03, 2007

Sea blogging

Yes, here I am blogging at you live from the North Sea, aboard the Stenna Britannica, the ferry carrying me from England to Holland. It’s amazing where they can put the internet these days, isn’t it. Airplanes, parks, and ships in the middle of the sea. Of course, it ain't cheap, and the wi-fi doesn't work as advertised, but who's complaining?

I got up this morning bright and early at 5am to get to the train station to catch my train out to Harwich, where the ferry docks. It was only an hour and a half, then an hour+ wait to get going from the port. But the day is beautiful, the seas calm, and the accommodations nice (although I could use more places just to sit and relax. Oh well, there's always outside), so I’m looking forward to the next 6 or so hours before I get to the Hoek van Holland, and catch my train into Amsterdam.

You can click the links above to go to Google Maps of the two terminals, and zoom out to see the route across the North Sea.

No comments: