Saturday, May 05, 2007

Spiderman III

Very briefly: I really liked it, even in spite of that terribly overdone part in the middle (which wasn't nearly as terrible as the 'Spiderman without his powers section in part II). At the very least, it is way more entertaining than the borefest that was Spiderman II.

I, for one, do not understand the backlash against this movie from critics. But then they loved part II, and I can barely sit through it.

Anyway, it gets my endorsement, for what it's worth.

5 comments:

dcat said...

I thought it was awful.

dcat

Tom said...

The consensus does seem to be that people were disappointed. I don't know why I liked it--perhaps because I had such low expectations after the second one, or maybe because the crowd at the show was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

To the Big Tent community:

I have landed a TT job at Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. It looks like I am going to be rooting for the Bills and shoveling 100 inches of snow.

Jeff

Tom said...

Jeff,

Congratulations! I put an announcement on the mainpage.

(I do note that you misspelled "Browns" as "Bills." You might want to get that sorted out.)

TB

dcat said...

Tom --
I too enjoyed the atmosphere, having seen it at midnight on the morning it opened (Midnight Friday/Thursday night) at a drive-in. But after the fact, I really came to understand that I thought it was crummy, and even then it had some moments.

dcat