Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Goldberg

Just how crazy are the Dems?: "MOST FAIR-MINDED readers will no doubt take me at my word when I say that a majority of Democrats in this country are out of their gourds.

But, on the off chance that a few cynics won't take my word for it, I offer you data. Rasmussen Reports, the public opinion outfit, recently asked voters whether President Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks beforehand. The findings? Well, here's how the research firm put it: 'Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know and 26% are not sure.'"

4 comments:

dcat said...

I find it funny how selective both NRO and Big Tent are in their embrace of polls. I know a lot of Democrats. A lot. I do not know a single one who believes that Bush knew. That is not the sample size Rasmussen accesses, and Rasmussen is pretty respectable, but this really does not raise any questions in your mind?

The majority of Democrats are "out of their gourds"? Based on one question of a sample of -- how many respondents? What sort of ass makes that kind of generalization about an entire party?

Oh, yes. Goldberg is that kind of ass. But why repeat this idiocy? And I hope you will be as consistent in embracing all polling data that comes down the pike.

dcat

Robert C. said...

BUSH KNEW!!!

Just kidding.

Funny, I thought Goldberg had the most reasonable response to that poll when it appeared on The Corner. I guess the reasonable response doesn't make a good column.

I do find polls like this one frightening, and I find Rosie O'Donnell frightening, and I find polls that ask the general population all kinds of questions frightening. Random samples of people tell you that 44% of the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqi. They'll probably also tell you that cats are smarter than dogs (one of Tootle's pet peeves, if I remember correctly).

I don't want people to think crazy and stupid things, but I can only do so much. Crazy people and conspiracy theorists exist within both parties.

On the bright side, this is the perfect time to share this cartoon.

Anonymous said...

Also: check out William Whittle's take.

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000140.html

Anonymous said...

The link got cut off: it's called "seeing the unseen- part 2"