Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Andrew Sullivan

on the Oscars: "I have to say I liked 'Crash' a lot, and as readers may recall, was underwhelmed by 'Brokeback.' As for 'Good Night ..' or 'Munich,' I haven't seen them yet, and my fiance nags me about it. I tell him I may get too irritated - anyone who knows me knows I'm no fan of Tony Kushner's politics and have made a point of noting the real communist credentials of many in the black-listed Hollywood years. Still I'll see the movies on DVD at least. Kushner may be irritating, but he's not stupid. And any exploration of the moral dilemmas of countering terrorism is worth our time right now. The only films I really won't sit through are anything by Oliver Stone or Michael Moore. They're liars and propagandists. Even then, I forced myself through 'Fahrenheit 9/11.' And heckled it."

No comments: