Friday, October 14, 2005

Fresno Rules!

Courtesy of a colleague, from the Houston Chronicle: Texans Summary:

Quarterback David Carr realizes not all Texans fans are thrilled he is still starting after failing to lead the team to a victory in his last five starts dating to last season. If the fans were right, Carr said he would be the first to acknowledge it. But at this point, the criticism isn't fazing him.

"I know what kind of player I am as far as when I get up in the morning and when I go out on the field," Carr said. "All of that other stuff is going to take care of itself. If I was walking around depressed and in a bad mood because I didn't feel like I should be out there and I was hurting the team, then I'd be the first one to tell you. Obviously, I have to play better. The whole team has to play better."

Carr said he still enjoys going to work each day despite having been sacked 27 times and orchestrating an offense that ranks last in the NFL.

"I love football," Carr said. "What else am I going to do? I went to Fresno State; come on."

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Um, history professor? Go Bulldogs!