Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Constitutional crisis

More news from back home. Most of the time when you see the phrase in the title above related to Canada, it involves Quebec separation. This time, however, it's more complicated than that. Parliament has just voted "non-confidence" in the government. For those of you who have some knowledge of British parliamentary procedures, this normally leads to an election. However, there's some dispute about whether the vote last night was actually a non-confidence vote, or just a procedural vote. So now the constitutional law experts are coming out of the woodwork, and the government sinks even deeper into paralysis.

I have some more thoughts on this here. This blog has been up since I joined blogger almost a year ago, but I didn't start posting anything there until this month. I probably won't update there much, but it's there, so I might as well use it.

No comments: